Selling Beats 101: Making It Easy For The Customer To Buy
20 September, 2016 / Rayvaughn Vernon / COMMENTS (0)
1. Mobile Friendly - One of the biggest mistakes you can make being a producer in todays world is not having a mobile ready website. Not only will google rank your site lower but it will also be extremely difficult and irritating for customers to navigate your site that doesn't fit on their screens. Make sure your website is mobile ready to avoid losing potential customers before they even check out your music!
2. Page Loading Speed - How long does it take for your page to load? 40% of people abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load. For example, If a Beat Selling site is making $100,000 per day, a 1 second page delay could potentially cost you $2.5 million in lost sales every year. Pretty crazy right? This can be caused by a variety of issues but can be solved by cutting down on images, videos, players, plugins, and other un needed additions on you beat store page. If this doesn't help, talk to your hosting company about getting on a faster server.
3. Is It Easy On The Eye? - It's been proven that outrageous designs/colors cause un comfort to the eyes. Which can shorten a potential customers stay on your website. Make sure to use neutral colors that have a warmer welcoming feel so that customers can go through all of your beats.
4. Beat Store Location - Many producers think it's all about the look of the page and put all of these images and writing above the beat player which is a BAD idea. Remember you are selling beats! The beat store should be seen without having to scroll or click to another page. The less a potential customer has to do the better chance that you will make a sale.
5. License Rights - Do you have your license rights displayed under your player? If a person has a budget of $50.00 and they see you have a premium wav lease for $49.99 but they don't know what all that comes with you just lost a nice sale. Make it extremely easy for them to have all the info they need directly in their face.
6. Beat Buying Instructions - Make sure they know how to purchase your beats and when it'll be delivered. Although you may think it's common sense, it may not be. With big purchases online there needs to be clarity in instructions so that i know what to expect once I send this money to a stranger.
If you don't have your own professional beat selling website yet, you need to make it your priority. You're missing out on tons of sales and customers by not having your own site. Click here for more info on getting a professional beat selling website created.